Penn State Outreach collaborates with its academic and administrative partners to support and advance the five thematic priorities outlined in the University’s strategic plan. These priorities include: Advancing the Arts and Humanities, Driving Digital Innovation, Enhancing Health, Stewarding our Planet’s Resources, and Transforming Education.
To create major impact in each of the areas, Outreach has created teams comprised of subject matter experts, development officers, and marketing strategists to design and implement new proposals and projects to support the University’s efforts.
- Arts and Humanities - Penn State will be a leader in the arts and humanities, utilizing them — along with the sciences and other disciplines — as agents of change in addressing complex global issues.
- Digital Innovation - Penn State will prepare students for success in the digital age and use digitally optimized outreach to foster economic prosperity in communities across Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Enhancing Health - Penn State will be a leader in promoting quality of life through comprehensive approaches to enhancing personalized and population health.
- Sustainability - Penn State will be a leader in creating comprehensive solutions to mitigate the dangers of climate change and address the challenges of providing safe and abundant water, clean and renewable energy sources, and plentiful and nutritious food.
- Transforming Education - Penn State will be a leader in the transformation of education, including enhancing access to it, as it fulfills its land-grant mission in a 21st-century context and continues to drive discovery-focused research across disciplines.