Being a part of Penn State Outreach means working with a diverse team dedicated to a bold mission: “Engage, empower, and inspire learners, viewers, listeners, and partners. Every day.” Our team applies innovation and creativity on a daily basis to enhance the quality of our important work, solve challenges, and ultimately deliver services that help improve the lives of individuals and communities around the world.
- We are leaders in the dynamic and evolving domain of outreach and community engagement.
- We hire smart, talented people of diverse backgrounds and mindsets.
- We excel in our charge, blending a dedication to academic quality with business acumen.
- We work in a fast-paced environment and are committed to ongoing professional development.
- We believe in our values of excellence, integrity, accountability, innovation, and inclusiveness.
Thinking Beyond The Job
Everyone in Outreach has an important role to fill with interesting and challenging responsibilities. At the same time, we believe in work-life balance and improving people’s lives — including the lives of our employees. To that end, we offer a number of opportunities for personal growth, exploration, and involvement:
- Diversity Council
- The Green Team
- Annual Events and Celebrations
- Social Committee
- Special Interest Groups and Teams
- Awards Program
- Employee Intranet
- Professional Development Programs
- Access to University Programs and Services
Our staff come from and work in a variety of professions, indicative of the breadth and depth of our organization. Examples include programming and management, administrative support, business development, human resources, instructional design, marketing, public media, technology services, finance, and more.
You can learn more about our organization by reviewing this website. We post all open positions on the Penn State Careers website.