When: Wednesday, October 11, 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Where: Heritage Hall, HUB-Robeson Center, University Park, PA 16802
In early 2023, Vice President for Outreach Larry Terry and Vice Provost for Online Education Renata Engel teamed with Penn State Outreach and Online Education (OOE) leadership to create a shared framework to propel both units forward in service of their respective missions.
As we near completion of the first phase of this three-part framework, we’re inviting Outreach and shared services staff as well as representatives from our Commonwealth campuses, colleges, and multi-disciplinary centers and institutes to join us for a day of conversation, collaboration, and celebration of the University-wide outreach community. Attendees should be prepared for a day of active brainstorming, interacting in groups, and sharing and receiving new ideas.
- Celebrate the completion of Phase 1 of the OOE Framework (Stabilization) and kick off Phase 2 (Imagination).
- Unite as one outreach community across the University to advance Penn State’s presidential vision and goals.
- Create connections and explore new partnerships.
- Acknowledge and appreciate common values.
- Lay a foundation for building a collaborative strategic plan.
- Build an inclusive and ongoing input process.
The day’s agenda is a work in progress; however, we are excited to share several highlights:
- an address from Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi
- formation of an internal governing body for outreach across Penn State
- discussion of outreach programming taking place at Commonwealth campuses and exploration of partnership opportunities
Paid parking will be available in the Outreach Innovation Building lot for all attendees. Complimentary trolleys will be running in the morning and afternoon to and from the event at the HUB-Robeson Center. You are also welcome to park at the HUB deck at your own expense if there is space available.
To be fair to colleagues who pay for monthly parking or purchase a daily parking pass the day of the event, parking will not be reimbursed for Outreach employees, regardless of location.