Thank you for your interest in Penn State Outreach and Online Education, and in the For the Future: The Campaign for Penn State Students.
Outreach and Online Education has a rich history dating back to 1877, and a long tradition of success. Each year, our programs reach millions of people in all 67 Pennsylvania counties, 50 states, and 118 countries. In this time of economic shifts and global changes, philanthropy can, and must, provide the means for Outreach and Online Education to maintain financial security and expand its vision for the future. The support that donors provide makes a tremendous difference in the programs, services, and — most of all — lives of those whom we serve. We are extremely grateful to the many alumni and friends who have affirmed the importance of our work through contributions that have transformed the future of Outreach and Online Education.
If you are interested in learning more about the philanthropic opportunities with us, our development team is here to answer your questions. And should you choose to make a contribution, we can work closely and confidentially with you to ensure that your gift aligns with your individual goals, vision, and interests.
Explore and Make a Gift of Support
By contributing to Outreach and Online Education, you will be supporting programs and services that make a difference in the lives of millions of adult learners, military students, youth, and others throughout Pennsylvania, the nation, and the world.
- Penn State World Campus (Online Learning) *
- Continuing Education *
- Public Media/WPSU-TV and FM
- Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center
* Submit your gift via Penn State’s secure Giving Online form. Please be sure to select “Outreach” under “Programs” when prompted about your gift designation.
Ways to Give
All Penn State supporters share one important reward for their gifts: the personal satisfaction that they derive from making an investment in human potential. There are many ways to give to Penn State, and our Office of Outreach and Online Education Development looks forward to working with you to help provide a better future for the University.
Different gifts offer different tax advantages. Please consult your financial adviser to select the best way to give. These are some common ways to support Penn State:
- Scholarships help to ensure that opportunities remain accessible for students whose means may be limited but whose ability and ambition are limitless. Outreach and Online Education is proud to make scholarships available to adult learners and military students studying through the World Campus, our many scholarship options. One of the most popular ways in which donors offer this type of support is the Penn State Board of Trustees Matching Scholarship Program, through which the average payout of scholarships are matched, in perpetuity, from the University’s operating budget.
- Endowments are held by the University in perpetuity. The initial gift is invested, and a portion (typically about 5%) of the fund’s market value is awarded annually for the purpose designated by the benefactor.
- Unrestricted Gifts can go to the most urgent needs and opportunities as determined by the Vice President for Outreach and Vice Provost for Online Education.
- Annual Gifts provide vital operating support through gifts at every level.
- Corporate Matching Gifts are a great way to maximize personal contributions and increase the impact of your gift. Learn whether your company has a corporate matching gift program with Penn State.