Theme: Bridging the Gap: From Practice to Teaching
Plan to attend this exciting conference, featuring health care professionals and educators from across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who share your passion for education and lifelong learning. Prepare to take part in an active learning environment and engage in interactive sessions to help you grow and excel in your role as a health care professional and educator. Visit interactive exhibits and network with fellow colleagues during this two-day educational event. If you work in secondary/postsecondary education, a health care facility, or long-term care education, this conference is designed for you. PSNA and Act 48 hours will be provided.
This year’s conference will provide you with excellent opportunities to:
- participate in hands-on educational activities to help you master practical strategies for teaching and learning
- explore cutting-edge educational technology designed to decrease the workload of educators while providing a high-quality educational experience for students
- promote student development and training by learning classroom simulation techniques and gaming activities
- discover what the future holds for patients and health care providers in the wake of patient- and resident-centered care, assistive technologies, and the expansion of health care services
- connect with a network of health care workforce educators
- receive updates from NATCEP and Pearson VUE for nurse aide instructors
- explore training certifications available through the National Healthcareer Association
- visit interactive exhibits to enhance your knowledge about products and services available to increase your teaching potential
Hear interesting ideas and facts about the use of assistive technology and robotics in the health care field from keynote speaker Judy Talbolt Matthews, PhD, MPH, RN, and research associate professor of nursing and associate director of the University Center for Social and Urban Research at the University of Pittsburgh.
Closing speaker Donna Cardillo will present “Nursing — The Future Is Ours!” Donna holds a diploma in nursing, a bachelor’s in health care management, and a master’s in corporate and public communication. Known as “Dear Donna,” she offers daily online career advice at Nurse.com. Donna is also an expert blogger at DoctorOz.com. She was formerly the health care careers expert at Monster.com.
Our concurrent sessions will provide a variety of information on topics pertinent for health care educators, as well as nurse aide educators. Sessions will include, but are not limited to:
- practical technology use in the classroom setting to engage learners and increase student success
- trends in resident/patient–focused care
- certification options for our future health care workforce
- gaming techniques to increase student motivation and critical thinking
- literacy tips for the English-as-a-second-language learner
- teaching tools for online and face-to-face instruction
- simple simulation techniques for the classroom
Yearly NATCEP updates for nurse aide instructors will be provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (Sheri Weidman), as well as updates from Pearson VUE (Susan Durante) concerning the nurse aide competency examination.
Pampering Session — Back by Popular Demand!
Join us for our popular pampering session on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Enjoy good food, network with colleagues, or meet with representatives from the Pennsylvania Department of Education at a roundtable discussion, where they will respond to your questions, comments, or suggestions. Relax with a seated massage or indulge in a manicure! (sponsored by Hartman Publishing)
Exhibitors will be available to discuss their latest resource materials and textbooks, as well as nursing apparel and much more!