Campers develop skills at Penn State’s youth summer camps. Read More >>>
World Campus military and veteran student enrollment continues to rise. Read More >>>
Penn State to offer human development and family studies degree online. Read More >>>
WPSU, Penn State Law to host screening of 'The Central Park Five' on April 8. Read More >>>
Impact of Outreach
For Pennsylvania, the Nation, and the World!
- Military Times EDGE named Penn State World Campus Best for Vets: Colleges 2010.
- Penn State's National Autism Conference annually attracts thousands of families seeking support and research for children living with autism spectrum disorder.
- Every year more than 220,000 young people have memorable Penn State summer camp experiences with faculty, staff, and graduate students who care about helping youth excel.
- More than 51,000 adult learners take graduate, undergrad, and noncredit courses at Penn State.
- The Small Business Development Center helps student and community entrepreneurs bring ideas to fruition by offering "The First Step of Starting a Business" course.
- Outreach delivers more than 2,000 programs to people in all 67 Pennsylvania counties, all 50 states, and 114 countries.
- In 2010, Outreach served 184,000 Commonwealth kids through 4-H and after-school programs.
- Penn State Extension's Start Farming initiative provides hands-on training in production, marketing, and management to help new farmers run successful farms.
- For Pennsylvania deputy sheriffs there is only one place to go for complete certification — the Penn State Justice and Safety Institute (JASI).
- World Campus students come from all 50 states and more than 53 countries.
- Since the World Campus began in 1998, more than 2,000 degrees and certificates have been granted.
- Penn State Public Broadcasting's Geospatial Revolution is used for training by U.S. Department of Defense, FBI, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.