Who should attend?
- Superintendents and assistant superintendents
- Members of school boards and of PSEA
- Principals and vice principals
- Intermediate unit executive and assistant executive directors
- Directors of vocational-technical schools
School Leadership Series
Your students' education depends upon making tough decisions in hard times. Are you prepared to make these decisions and also to defend them to a wide range of stakeholders in both the school community and the larger community? Educational mandates remain high yet finances are uncertain. Educators want to respect students and their rights but must keep schools safe. Individual rights are important but what about the rights of the group? How can we make morally sound decisions?
The three courses that comprise the School Leadership Series bring your system leaders together to learn, as a group, about how best to meet these challenges.
- The New Fiscal Reality (Spring 2014)
- Law and Education (Summer 2014)
- Ethics in Educational Leadership (Fall 2013)
In these courses, you can:
- earn 90 Act 45 hours
- earn 37.5 Act 48 hours
- engage in discussions with, and learn from, the experiences of other system leaders
- acquire practical knowledge through job-embedded school district finance-related assignments aimed at improving student performance
- pinpoint inefficiencies, redundancies, waste, and barriers in your district
- review archived sessions from the convenience of your computer
Sign up to receive more information about Act 45 opportunities at Penn State